Tuesday, May 13, 2008

T Minus 336 Hours

Do you see her? The girl in the corner of Starbucks, headphones in, eyes glazed over with exhaustion, typing away on her Mac? There are numerous coffee cups surrounding the tabletop, and her nose is ten feet deep in history books.  Can you picture her now?

Yes, it's me. I have my table. My spot to study, with headphones in to drown out the "not so perfect study music, but still great mood music" while studying for more finals. It's a great thing that the local Starbucks stays open 24/7 during finals week. Not that I am one for all nighters, but it is nice to have a Chai tea latte always available.

My thoughts keep detouring from the antebellum ages of southern history to summer plans in New York. Not that the interesting ideologies of evangelicals from he 1800's aren't attention grabbing, but my mind is doing a little wondering. The anticipation of this summer is rising, especially while studying for numerous tests. Right now, anything looks greener on the other side, but Central Park is so calling my name! 

Two weeks from today I will be on a plane to Manhattan. Not time for panic mode yet, I'm sure that will come 24 hours prior to my flight, when I haven't started packing. (This post will probably worry my mother... but I promise I will get everything done in time) 

3 finals left. Count it. 
-Update on the foot, for everyone who keeps asking... I am walking pretty well. According to the physical therapist I am able to "walk aggressively" for the next few weeks, but if it feels good enough by June 1... I get to ease into running again!! 

-magz


No comments:

Post a Comment