Saturday, May 10, 2008

Club Ellis*

I reserved a study room in the library today and remained there for over eight hours. Impossible you think? No. I did it. I had to write two stories for my writing class that are due on Monday. Both stories were so fun to write. So in a way it was an enjoyable way to do work, but it is rare for those two words to be used together. 

Several of you know my writing class is incredible. My teacher is awesome, and I have had the best time in the class this semester. My final two stories were thought provoking. The problem with both was I couldn't stop writing. I needed more room. I needed to keep both under 1,500 words, but it was nearly impossible. The first story was a profile of a teacher I had in high school. In no way does it do her justice, but I'm pleased with the style technique I used. The second was a personal narrative and you guessed it, I wrote about New York. How can I write about my personal experiences and journey in New York when I haven't gone yet you ask? I wrote about my journey over the past five months of finding a job and a place to live and roommates, and how everything finally fell into place. 

The journey to make my New Year's resolution come true. Yes, I will now admit that my New Year's resolution was to get an internship for the summer. Both stories turned out really cool, motivating and intense, in different ways. If I had to be at the library on Stop Day, as I did today, I'm glad I got to think about the best part of high school and what I hope to be the best summer in New York City. 

I might be publishing one story but probably not both, but if you would like to read either of these stories let me know and I can e-mail them to you.

*For those who do not attend college with me, Club Ellis is also known as Ellis Library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment