Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I have found love

*Disclaimer - excuse any typos, or misunderstood words in this post, I am trying my hardest to keep my eyes awake. 

Day #1 - complete success, well now that my room has cooled off. (The AC unit in my bedroom/living room/dining room isn't working) But other than that I had a fantastic day! My flights were scheduled perfectly. I had a layover in Chicago for all of 5 minutes - while waiting in line to board and grabbing an iced coffee from McDonald's. Smooth sailing from then on. No crazy cab drivers as of yet, but am now I pro at hailing a cab -- no touristness about it! 
But the funds for cabs faded fast so a friend and I decided to master or attempt to master the subway. Not a feat that can be accomplished in one day. But we did find the Whole Foods and grabbed a few groceries, made a detour to east Harlem but we're quickly led my two nice police officers how to get to Times Square so we could find Casey's location of work, beginning tomorrow. 
We stumbled upon a fantastic vegetarian restaurant Gobo, which was terrific! First night in town and I know I'll go back. The spinach and soy cheese wantons were too good to pass up!
Lastly I found out that taking the A train to 14th does not mean that it is close to my apartment. I was fortunate enough to walk the 19 blocks home and lay down on my bed. --Exhaustion. It's overwhelming.

Until tomorrow - magz

No comments:

Post a Comment