Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another day, another adventure

Just another day. I actually gave someone directions-- although I mentioned, "no guarantees." Everywhere I turn there are new things to see and do and new places to go. I had a great day today but it mainly entailed furnishing my bare apartment. Nothing out of the ordinary, just some essentials, you know, like a shower curtain, and a blanket that I made into the fourth wall of my bedroom. (Side note- my apartment is a 3 bedroom convertible). 

Tonight was really enjoyable but I am exhausted. A friend from home, Haynes helped me finish setting up my room, and then we went to dinner a couple blocks away. It happened to be trivia night, which happens every other Wednesday.  And yes we got fifth place!! Yes, there were only five teams, but we were only half a point from getting fourth, so we didn't do that bad. 

I think the lack of sleep at the lake and the excitement of coming to the city has finally caught up with me. I going to turn in early tonight and head out for a big day tomorrow. The plan is to start at The Met and then follow where my feet lead. But eventually I hope to end up at Teany cafe - teas galore, my of my I think I'll like that. 

I'll fill you in on more tomorrow.

-magz

No comments:

Post a Comment