Tuesday, November 2, 2010

what no stickers?

No stickers at the polling place? That is what I always look forward to after I vote. I guess some things are different in New York. I'll be glued to my TV starting about 7 or 8 o'clock to see if the GOP will sweep the toss-up states. With the Senate being 59 blue to 41 red currently, it's going to take a lot to swing the majority but the race to see Nevada, Washington, Colorado, Illinois, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin --- well, it'll be a show.

You all know that I passionate about the right to vote and last night a previous employer and I enjoyed each others company over a glass (or 2..) of wine. She recently visited the National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tennessee. While there she read what a young woman wanted one thing for her birthday: the right to vote. Speaks volumes.

I won't rant and raid any longer, but whether you are on the east coast, the west coast, or somewhere in the middle, there is still time to fill out a ballot. Especially if you are in the 18-24 age bracket. Don't be another statistic. Our age group has the least amount of voters in elections, even more so when it is not a Presidential election, so let your voice be heard and head to polls!

No comments:

Post a Comment