Thursday, November 18, 2010

thanksgiving appetizer

It's not turkey day yet but since every cooking show on TV is rambling about holiday recipes, I have been eager to try something new. I had a friend over last night to have dinner, which I doubled as a reason to try a new recipe.
I made a savory brie in a puff pastry. It was the simplest thing to do. I took two Vidalia onions, thinly sliced and sauteed them with a little salt and pepper. Once they started browning I added 1/2 cup cold water and let them cook for another 10-15 minutes. Once they were cooled I placed them in the center of a puff pastry sheet, placed a 5'' round of brie on top and then wrapped up the puff pastry around the brie. Flipped the whole thing over, and placed on a baking sheet. I cooked it at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Easy as 1, 2, 3.

Golden brown, ready to take out of the oven. I'm learning to use my toaster oven more often. It is a handy piece of equipment when I need it to be.

After a few bites you can really see the goodness inside. So yummy. And easy to wrap up, put back in oven later and enjoy on more than one occasion. I probably won't be able to make it for Thanksgiving because there will be plenty of food already, but one night while I'm home over the holiday I want to whip it up for the fam.

1 comment:

  1. maggie-- that looks delish.

    i don't have an oven here in delhi, so i'm going to try something like that in my toaster oven, too!

    thanks for sharing. miss you.

    ReplyDelete