Friday, November 12, 2010

not just a salt shaker

The continuation of my subtle Christmas list.
I currently use these practical and budget-friendly salt and pepper shakers. They're real eye-catchers on my counter, ha! I cook frequently and always have salt and pepper on hand, but you have to agree that it is more fun to cook when you cook with cool equipment
and gadgets.
When I was writing out my Christmas list I was thinking about a lot of things i use in the kitchen or things I need. I don't need these beautiful yellow salt and pepper mills from William Sonoma, but they look so friendly and would add a pop of color to my mini kitchen.
When I put this in the e-mail to my mom I knew I was over shooting a by suggesting these $55 mills, but then today, I got an even better surprise. While writing this post I skipped over to William Sonoma's Web site to get the image... I found out that the two mills are not $55 for the set, but $55 each. OK now their off my list and I'm looking for a more practical priced set of salt and pepper mills.
Taking a little cruise around other sites I came across this Vic Firth yellow pepper mill from Target. I'm sure it isn't available in most stores as Target is one of those places that has so much more on its Web site that in the store... or at least the stores in Arkansas. Also, for the single 8'' mill it's still $39 but it comes in turquoise too! I noticed that very few options are available for a set of salt & pepper mills. Should I start thinking about just a pepper mill and for the salt I could just spring for natural and pure sea salt flakes such as Maldon Salt?
Dear Santa, for Christmas I would like a bright colored pepper mill with great flavored peppercorns. That's all for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment