Tuesday, November 9, 2010

marathons are for mimosas

Sunday was Fun-day. My friends and I, who are trained sideline watchers and mimosa makers piled over to the east side to watch the runners who have trained for months make their way through the five burroughs to complete 26.2 miles. Cork journaling was consistent throughout the day, as was the breakfast casserole. Three of us that applied for the lottery and didn't get in helped celebrate those who were lucky enough to get in and finish. It's still on my bucket list but I have a feeling there are a lot more NYC marathons in my future. Whether I watch and sip or participate.

This week started off with a bang and is now consumed with work. Guess I got my fun out early in the week. The next issue of Global Finance started production today so we're knee deep in work. Although we know life can't be all work and no play. A couple of gals who attended high school with me are coming to stay over the weekend. They are seniors at Penn State and have tickets to a concert Saturday so the twins are crashing at casa de Searcy. Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment