Monday, March 29, 2010

i believe congratulations is in order

You can take the girl out of the South, but you can't take the South out of the girl. No matter where I live or where I go, the "normalcy" of the South will follow me everywhere, and for that I never feel far from home.

All this wedding talk and baby heartbeats are sometimes a little much for my friends in New York. Married after college? To most, a foreign concept; that is, unless you live in the South. I got used to hearing about all of my sister's college and high school friends getting hitched, but my friends aren't far behind.

A congratulations is in order to my best friend, Christine Cloninger. Her future husband, Justin Devore proposed Saturday evening. Two people I have known a very long time, I can honestly say, this marriage will be one to last decades.

A second congratulations is to my pledge mom from Dallas, Texas, who is currently living in Kansas City, Missouri. Tara Smutz got engaged Sunday to Nathan Stewart, who is hilarious and wonderful. From the beginning of this friendship/relationship, these two were made for each other. Congratulations to both of them and their families!

2 comments: