Monday, March 29, 2010

visitors visiting nyc

Whew. The past two weeks have been a whirlwind. Geez. My cousin Melissa visited from Indiana while she was on Spring break, then when I returned from Arkansas, one of my dearest friends, Jay Murphy, was already waiting for me in New York. Having never been to New York, Jay had several things on his list to see and do. Mostly, museums. He ventured to the Museum of Natural History, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and I joined him at the Frick and the Modern Museum of Art.With the surplus of people in the city, the random days of gorgeous weather, followed by many days of rain, it is obvious that schools across the country are on Spring break. Jay and I had to wait in line at MoMA for nearly half an hour, and that was just to get our tickets.On Tuesday, I took Jay to Alice's Tea Cup, which we returned to again before he left. Believe me: it is that good.

Jay and I inside Alice's Tea Cup.

After our great finds at Banana Republic, we had an afternoon drink off 5th Ave.

While we met up with friends from Arkansas in the city, frolicked around Central Park, shopped along Fifth Avenue, Jay and I had plenty of time to catch up. Having only seen him for a couple of hours since I moved to New York, it was great to see him. After Mickey took me to Otto several weeks ago, I knew it would be a great place for Jay and I to go. From the wine and cheese to pizza and gelato, we indulged and enjoyed a fantastic meal.
Here are a few pictures from the week.

Smiling because we both found awesome deals at Bloomingdale's and Levi's.

Way back from BWTA (Batchelor-Walker Tennis Academy). Alex met us at my apartment to join us for dinner at the Indian restaurant below my apartment.



No comments:

Post a Comment