Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ratatouille and the cable guy

My oh, my what a wonderful week. The positive aspect is the weather. Can you believe it? 50's in March in New York. Last year I came up during March and it was still snowing. Not that I don't think history will repeat itself, but for the time being, I'm really enjoying lighter coats and Spring sunshine.

Saturday I work a very long day and come home to find a little mouse scurry across the floor from underneath my radiator to the opening between the wall and my mini frig. Don't worry, I'm not saying this calmly, I did a little dance on my bed while speed dialing my Dad while freaking out. Okay, that was the girl moment of the week. I bought a couple traps, set them, and still nothing. I think I scared him off. Hopefully he crawled into someone else's apartment. As my Dad said, I'm not surprised this is the first mouse I have seen. I live above three restaurants. Now let me preface that I am clean. I keep my apartment clean, because, well, it's so darn small. If I make up my bed it looks like a first class dorm room! So I threw all my food except for soup and dip mixes. (Don't worry, only chinese leftovers and a couple heads of lettuce were lost. Along with a loaf of bread that probably should have been thrown out around Christmas. Oops).

After my own Ratatouille adventures, I have now started a relationship with the cable guy. No not really a relationship, but we talked on the phone for over an hour last night. I went to the cable store this morning, and then spent another half hour with him on the phone. Oh, and he's coming over on Friday. HA!
I came home from work yesterday and my internet was spazzing out and my cable wasn't working properly. I could see the channel guide on the screen but I could not see a picture on the screen. Basically for a Monday night, this was a major pain.
I woke up early this morning to take my cable box and modem down to the cable store to trade them in for new ones. When I got back home I plugged in the modem. Yes, it's going to work, I thought. But no, same problem as last night. Cable box. "Maybe I could catch the end of LIVE! with Regis and Kelly, but no, the new cable box doesn't have a signal.
From now until Friday at noon I have limited internet access and NO TV! At least I picked up a new book to entertain me, and we can't forget about the Wii.

That is how the week has started. Whaaahooooo! Pray that everything gets fixed on or before Friday. Until then, I'm at a loss for technological activity.

1 comment:

  1. Maggie your a cool person... Lol you would never guess whos leaving you this comment ...

    ReplyDelete