Sunday, March 7, 2010

tulips and denim

Today was a taste of Spring. A tease of what won't stick around for long. The most beautiful day of 2010 thus far. I had the day off from the Gap and woke up around ten to really get the most out of the day. It was fantastic to walk outside in my gym clothes and a mere Patagonia fleece. Sunglasses were a necessity, ipod set to Hootie and the Blowfish, computer in bag, first stop: Alice's Tea Cup. For $3 I picked up a fresh mixed berry scone with cream and jam and headed a few blocks down for stop two: Starbucks. A table for one, an iced coffee, the best scone in town, and a fully charged computer- "It's going to be a good day."
A lot was accomplished during my three hour stint at Starbucks. I updated several pieces in my portfolio, worked on my Web site and penciled in my "to-do's" for the week.

Let me make a quick plug for the Gap. From now until March 14, bring in any old piece of denim (shirt, jacket, dress, jeans, etc.) and get 30% off any, and as many pieces of new denim as you'd like. This applies for all regular priced men's, women's, kids, and babies denim. Your old denim does not have to be Gap brand. Anything is accepted.
The best part is, all the denim collected will be recycled into eco-friendly housing insulation. Gap has teamed with the organization, Cotton. From blue to Green.
"As a result of the 2006 COTTON. FROM BLUE TO GREEN.® denim drive, and with the help of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge, in the spring of 2007, a total of 30 homes were built for families displaced by Hurricane Katrina."

So start your spring cleaning early, and donate your old jeans and that denim jacket you wore in the eighties.... and help insulate homes around the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment