Monday, March 22, 2010

down south

A trip South should include warm weather, rays of golden sun, mild winds, and enough fresh air to upset every allergy possible. With the exception of one day, my trip down to Arkansas was very different than the above description. Cold, wet, chance of snow... oh yeah, "Welcome to Arkansas. Where you never know what kind of weather to plan for."

I landed in Little Rock last Thursday, while my luggage continued traveling to Sun Valley, Idaho. Go figure. Immediately my mom and I started running errands to prepare for a bridal luncheon she was hosting at our home on Friday for a dear friend of mine. Apparently the flowers had died and the flower pots outside had broken, so we ran around replacing everything before we even had time to say hello.

Thursday was a whirlwind, but my luggage finally arrived at the house and everything was ready for the luncheon, which turned out wonderfully. The puff pastries were delightful along with green bean salad, a congealed orange salad, and chocolate lemon tarts for dessert. The bride, Rachel, was glowing the entire weekend, as were the mothers of the bride and groom. Between the luncheon and the rehearsal dinner we didn't have a lot of time but mom and I squeezed in a Target trip. Ah! How much I miss having a large, fully-packed Target in New York.

The rehearsal dinner was in Trio's party room, which is always a sure-fire winner. Spinach dip and crab dip preceded a "south-of-the-border" inspired chicken dinner with all the fixings. Catching up with old friends and seeing pictures of the Rachel and Drew growing up were cute, funny, and maybe a little embarrassing, we finally got to ditch the braces. The speeches were heartfelt and sincere. Hard to believe that my best friend growing up is now married but I've never seen her happier. She and Drew both. Congratulations guys! Pictures coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment