Monday, June 2, 2008

My ipod saves me

Everyday is better than the last. Let me fill you in on my past few days in the city.
  • Thursday - I always step to my own beat, but Friday it was a reality. My ipod, the Met, the subway, the city, we become one. It was enchanting. I spend hours at the Met. Since my mother has reminded me constantly to "budget" I ignored the suggested price of twenty dollars to enter the museum and gave a generous donation of two dollars. To the Met - Right now I'm a poor college student, I'll get ya back when I get a paying job one day, until then, thanks for the entry! With Kandinsky inches from my eyes, I got chills. His use of color and movement inspired me. It's disoriented but connected to flow all together. It was hard to take my eyes away. And are we kidding, Picasso's galore... breathtaking. The picture is of Jeff Koons rooftop exhibit. Very fun, very big, cool to see on a beautiful day. Thursday night I went to dinner with a friend from home who I haven't seen a very long time. I was exhausted from walking all day and he was exhausted from traveling and working all day, therefore after dinner we laid in Union Square Park and relaxed. It was a cool, clear night which was perfect to catch up with a old friend.
  • Friday - Several students from my school are here, so after my roommates and I shopped all day and walked forever around Central Park, several of us decided to go to dinner together. I'm not going to mention the restaurant, but we did not receive great service, and I won't be going back, at least not with more than two people. After dinner we went out around our neighborhood and found a few cool bars and pubs that we will definitely go back to.
  • Saturday - Rainy! I was soaking wet walking to the movie theatre to watch the new Sex and the City movie with friends. After being splashed by a car as it was parking, and fitting two people under one umbrella, we were glad we weren't dressed in our finest. But the movie was amazing and I suggest everyone see it, even if you aren't like me and have seen every episode of the great HBO series. Later that night my friend from West Point came in town with a friend of his and about eight of us went to dinner at the Village Pour House, which might be our new favorite place. Great atmosphere, great food, and good prices. We like! After dinner we head to midtown to meet up with more of our friends and meet some new people. Time flew and we were out for a while having an amazing time and loving every second of the night.
  • Sunday - Sunday-Fun-day... or for our apartment, Sunday, sleep-day. Laying around the house till two we finally ventured outside to find lunch, which was followed by a long walk and then a long nap. Waking again in the early evening we chatted then finally decided to grab dinner about nine o'clock. Immediately following the great dinner we had, was a quick trip to the grocery and back to the apartment for a much needed night of sleep. So... instead of trying out the all you can drink mimosa's and bloody's at what seemed like every restaurants Sunday brunch menu, we slept the day away and were very content.
  • Monday - Today has been catch up day. I did a couple loads of laundry, worked on some projects, read a little, and then met up with a friend to find my location of work. We finally arrived to Columbus Circle and shopped at a few places then had lunch at Whole Foods. - such a great salad bar. Now I am waiting on my roommates to return home from their first day out, then of course, celebrate with drinks tonight at dinner for the beginning of what will be a very fun and successful summer.
Now everyone should be caught up on my life in the city. (The internet in our apartment has been going in and out, so I apologize for the lack of posts lately, but I will have more soon). Cross your fingers, Wednesday is the first day of work! Don't worry, I already know what I'm going to wear.

-magz

1 comment: