Sunday, June 8, 2008

Spontaneity

Saturdy was the best surprise I have had since being in the city. One of the most amazing people I know, Elise, missed her flight to London and was "forced" to stay in New York for 24 hours. If I could pick any place to have a 24 layover, New York would be at the top of my list. Elise along with her mother and sister, invited me to come to lunch with them on the upper west side. An offer I couldn't refuse! 
After having an italian lunch, we all traveled downtown to Time Square. I tagged along and the four of us bought tickets to see Avenue Q. Okay, a must see. You have to take the "earmuffs" off for this show because the language, content, and puppetry make you want to fall out of your chair with laughter. 

After record high temperatures yesterday, I finally decided to call maintenance about the air conditioning. (We have three units in our apartment, one in each bedroom, and of course, mine hasn't worked since we got here). Needless to say, call the maintenance department of my building was almost as simple as pushing the "on" button. Over the phone a very nice woman told me how to restart the unit and get it to work. Immediately a gush of wind blew at my face. Now I can say with confidence, I will be able to survive the summer on this island. But hey, I went 13 days without air conditioning which my no means was a struggle but a mere inconvenience. 

Side note about Elise - she helped me for endless hours to get my internship... Thank you, thank you! 


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Maggie! It's the Clawson gang! Rachel & I have enjoyed your adventures so far - I'm so proud of you - you are doing such fun things! Glad you got the a/c to work - dad should be so impressed! Keep the stories coming. Luv ya, Mrs. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete