Thursday, January 6, 2011

goals. not resolutions

Our first Wine Wednesday back was a great way to start into the new year. Camille's friend from college was in town for business so she got to join our weekly tradition. Since Derrick is on winter break and is home earlier, he pitched in and cooked us a fabulous healthy dinner. He had bought a whole chicken, cut it up, took the skin off and after seasoning it up, he popped it in the oven. Alongside he made a pan of roasted potatoes and onions as well as steamed asparagus. It was delicious! While Ashley, Camille and I caught up, Camille shared her list of goals for 2011. As she says, "resolutions sound more unattainable than goals." A great list of goals I might add. I was thinking about it I realized that I haven't made my own list of goals.

The past three years:
2008: give up diet coke and soda all together. CHECK
2009: graduate college and move to New York. CHECK CHECK
2010: take the stairs up to my apartment UNLESS I'm carrying many groceries, laundry, or if I have company. 90% CHECK

2011....
  • Start and finish seven or more books
  • Drink 8 glasses of water everyday
  • Continue taking the stairs to my apartment
  • Gain a new client each month
  • Maintain a consistent work out routine
  • Cook more often/eat out less
  • Make a bigger effort to stay in touch with friends
  • Find a great apartment in my neighborhood that is a little bigger but still in my price range that I can move into by the time my lease goes up August 1.
I think these goals are obtainable and within reason. What are your goals for 2011?


No comments:

Post a Comment