Thursday, October 14, 2010

update

I'm sorry I have been MIA for several days. On top of working all day, each day this week, I got strep throat/the flu. What I mean by this is I didn't go to the doctor so I don't have a 100% diagnosis of either, but with the amount degree my throat was hurting and swollen, I'm leaning towards strep. The only thing pushing me towards thinking flu was rigors and achiness.
Anyways, today I am feeling much better. My fever broke early this morning and my energy is triple what it was yesterday and Tuesday. (Hence no Wine Wednesday this week)

New freelance gig of the week is assisting the art director of a monthly magazine, (11 issues a year). It's been a lot of work, but I am really enjoying it. Hopefully I will get to continue working with him.

Fun news. You all have heard my mention my friend Anna. Well, Saturday her mom, Olga Kostritzky had four extra tickets to the last performance of the NYC Ballet's 2010 season. She gave Andrea and I the tickets so we each invited a friend. I had already committed to going to watch the Mizzou game with Casey, but it didn't take much for me to twist her arm and join us for the ballet. The three of us went to Wine and Roses before the ballet and had wine and cheese along with great conversation. Afterwards we met Andrea's friend, Jordana at Lincoln Center, took pictures, then met Olga to get our tickets. She was headed to the Opera after meeting us. The ballet was fantastic. My favorite was Glass Pieces that was choreographed by Jerome Robbins and premiered May 12, 1983 by the New York City Ballet at New York State Theater.
Lincoln Center

Casey and I in front of the fountain.

Hey Arkansans' -- this weekend is the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival. I haven't been in several years, but when I did go, it was great. I mention this because the film, Dancing Across Borders will be shown. Olga is in the film and will be in Hot Springs for the weekend, teaching a class, doing interviews, attending the festival, etc. I hope some of you all can get out there and support the 19th annual documentary film festival, and if you run into Olga, show her some amazing southern hospitality.

1 comment: