Monday, October 4, 2010

tea time

When people ask me how big is my apartment, I usually respond by saying, "I set an alarm in the morning, but not to wake up. The alarm is to sit up, turn to the side, turn the stove on and roll back over for five minutes. The real alarm is when the tea kettle is whistling."
So my "bed side table" is a single wide stovetop. That's normal right? Is to me. It's like people who wake up to coffee being brewed, except if they want the coffee they actually have to get out of bed. For me, I merely sit up and poor hot water into my tea pot, turn on the TV and watch a little Good Morning America. Honestly, it's the best way to wake up. After about fifteen minutes I get moving and start my day, but that first part of the morning is sacred.

This morning as I was preparing my tea I realized that I am almost out! One of my favorite teas is Casablanca and of course, it comes from Alice's Tea Cup. I'm not actually running out of tea, I have plenty of Tazo Green Ginger, as well as Earl Gray, but loose tea leaves in my little green teapot are like icing on the cake. I'm going to try and swing by Alice's to see if they have any Casablanca in stock, but if not, tomorrow it looks like it will be a Tazo toss up. Good morning autumn, nice to see you could join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment