Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the 'i miss u' in missouri

Do a little rearranging but Missouri also says MISSoUrI. I have the greatest group of friends in Missouri. From Kansas City to Columbia, all the way over to St. Louis, they're fabulous ladies. Monday I checked my mail and had a new magazine, go figure, and a couple pieces of junk mail. I came back upstairs to do some work on my Web site and someone buzzed my apartment. It was the mail lady. (We have the main mail person come earlier in the day and then the package person comes later). I had a package? I thought it might be the new work out pants and capris I had ordered from Gap but to my surprise it was a package from Kansas City.

Last week I emailed my design gals and asked if any of them had Adobe Creative Suite 4. Since I am not a student anymore, upgrades for software can set you back over $1000. Anyways, my gracious friend Lauren said she would mail me the software I needed, but I wasn't expecting a 5 pound package.

Getting back upstairs I opened the box to find an excess amount of napkins, the software, a card and two dozen homemade brownies. AND not just any brownies. Lauren's roommate, and basically my other half, Sarah made her special brownies, which are much like "hello dollies," but wayyyyyyy better. An amazing and tasty surprise. I took some down to my friends at Malachy's that evening but I still have over a dozen staring at me. Good thing I started working out with a personal trainer on Monday. If only they knew how much it meant to get homemade goodies in the mail. A super sweet gesture from two very sweet people!

"Friendship keeps us close"

Tuesday I met a friend for lunch around noon and checked my mail quickly before I met her around the corner. Again, a couple of magazines and several pieces of junk mail, and one bright yellow envelope. Elise Bennett sent me an adorable card.

The front: a cat looking so pitiful while lying with a phone receiver.
The inside: "Life's boring without you - let's catch up soon."

There was also an extra surprise inside. A picture of Kaci, Katie, Elise and I at Elise's wedding. It is a gorgeous picture of all of us, which is now framed and sitting on the back of my toilet (don't judge... little apartment equals little space for frames... hence the use of the toilet).

Sweet card and picture of my 3 favorite blondes.

And now I look at them several times a day...

P.S. For those of you who know I have talked about my postman, Bill, please keep him in your prayers. I am not sure what is wrong but our temporary mail person said he is pretty sick.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to be on a Porcelain Pedestal! I think about you and miss you everyday. When will you be here to visit next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. will you please help me redesign my blog?

    ReplyDelete