Tuesday, October 19, 2010

purple cauliflower?

Saturday was the first day I got out of the house for more than just a trip to Duane Reade (the drug store). First was Blackstone's, New York's "Mizzou bar," with friends to watch the Tigers kill Colorado. Afterwards I walked down to Mad Hatter, New York's "Razorback bar," to root the Hogs as hard as I could. Watching two games, back to back, I was exhausted. I headed back to my apartment, ordered sushi, watched Fool's Gold and crashed. I woke up bright and early on Sunday and met a friend to go to the farmer's market -- a Sunday staple. The past three weeks the greenmarket has been moved to the back of a school lot where the flea market it due to an October craft show currently residing in the usual location of the fresh goodies. I am very excited that this was the last week, as it is VERY crowded and extreme close quarters for so many venders. Nonetheless, the taste of fresh produce prevails! This week I picked up half a dozen apples, artisanal cheese and a couple handful's of Yukon gold's. (Rachael Ray has recently used Yukon gold's in several dishes, so I was inspired. I'll let you know how it goes when I fix 'em up). Two new things I found but didn't purchase. Cranberry beans? Purple cauliflower? Ever seen either, or even better, ever cooked them?

Purple Cauliflower

Cranberry Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment