Wednesday, July 9, 2008

let me fill you in...

So I thought it would be an awesome idea to pick up a second job. *Disclaimer - I wasn't looking for a second job and no I don't need a second job, but they asked if I would like to work for them and it is the beloved Banana Republic and in fabulous SoHo. So really, how could I say no. But between my internship and BR, life is hectic. Crazy, to say the least. So I apologize for not updating as often. I came into work early this morning so I could post and not be late. (I so plan ahead for these things).

P.S. As many of you know I've worked at BR at home for about 2 years now, in comparison to the store in SoHo.... its like Christmas Eve shoppers everyday.Very cool to see how other stores operate.

This past weekend I took my roommate, Stephanie down to D.C. to visit my cousin and her husband, Katie and Andrew. We have seriously forgotten "the life suburbia." It was so quiet I had to put my ipod on or sleep with the TV on (not totally unusual for me though). Katie and Andrew had fifty or more of their friends over on the 4th for an Independence Day party which was a complete success. Rain could not stop the party from happening, and everyone's kids were so much fun. Steph and I even brought our Frisbee's down from the city and they were a big hit. It was an All-American celebration to say the least.
(Picture of Katie and I... well into the evening...clearly I've changed into a Cardinals T-shirt).

Besides the party, Steph and I caught up on TV watching, couch sitting, book reading, and nap taking. It was perfect. I mentioned last time the book, Red Leather Diaries... Steph and I both read it and overall I give it a seven. It started off awesome and ended awesome, but I think the author left a few gaps out towards the end and I was left asking to many questions. So overall I give it a seven, but still, a must read. What can I say, I'm a tough critic?

More to come later in the day.... promise

No comments:

Post a Comment