Sunday, July 20, 2008

Busy bee turned sleeping beauty

And on the the seventh day Maggie rested. Today is the first day in over four weeks that I have had nothing, and I mean nothing to do. No plans. Nothing set in stone that I am required to do. And let me tell you it is a great feeling. But nonetheless I found myself awake at 9 a.m. this morning getting ready and meeting Haynes on the corner about 45 minutes later to go to church. (I can't really go a whole day without any plans...). The church was a lot like The Crossing in Columbia but much much smaller and local. The sermon was awesome, and I plan on going back. Prior to today I have worked and moved non stop! 

Friday I had the day off of work to go on a media tour with about ten people from Missouri to visit different publications and media fields. 

But before the tours began I went to the Miley Cyrus concert in Bryant Park for Good Morning America. Yes, yes I did. It was fantastic. I throughly enjoyed myself. It was so crowded and mothers and daughters everywhere but
 I was able to sly my way up as far as I could, for as late as I got there - 7 a.m. I stood next to a mother of twins who were seven years old and adorable. 
The mother was switching daughters between songs on who would get on her back to actually see Miley. It was really cute, but sad for the twin that didn't get to see. So, I offered my assistance. 
Being a Miley fan myself, Sadie got on my back and we sang every song together and she and her sister both were able to see. Look at our picture... isn't she adorable? 

We began at Billboard magazine and made our way to Editor and Publisher, The NY Times, ELLE Magazine, New York Stock Exchange, and a couple others. Needless to say I grabbed a cab home close to 6 o'clock and was asleep in my bed by 6:30. My intentions were merely to take a nap and go out later in the evening, but my body did not agree, because I did not wake up until nearly 11 a.m. Saturday morning. I guess you could say I was tired? 

Well, after a very nice long night of sleep I caught up on some reading, finished another book, and read a few magazines before heading to work. Yesterday was my last day at Banana Republic, Soho. Don't worry, I have not quit, I am being transferred back to my home store and will pick up a few hours before I return to school. I can never really leave Banana.  Besides work, I came home and slept more. This weekend has really been a highlight -- please hence my sarcasm. 

Today is July 20 and I have about 25 days or so left.... I'm not actually going to count because that will make me sad, but my roommates and I are trying to make a list of things we must do before we leave, which, oops... we haven't done yet. So far the list consists of, Little Italy, Canal St. (Aunt Becka... comments welcome here), Jazz night at Bemelman's, Saks again... and seeing In the Heights. There are many more, but my list isn't next to me. If you have any suggestions let me know. I'm serious.

I have free time again and don't know what to do with it... so help me out. 
Tuesday I am going to P.S. 1 in Brooklyn - a part of MoMa, and am super excited! Look forward to a post about it. 

2 comments:

  1. Maggie- I love your blog!! Your mom told me about it and I have read it from the whole thing. You are definitely a writer. Told Melissa about it and she is reading it- make sure you check out hers - Jackson is growing so much! I am proud of your independence- be good!

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. you went to see miley? you would! remember all those days in your car when i wanted to throw that cd out the window....because i do!

    ReplyDelete