Wednesday, July 16, 2008

And she arrived in her bubble...


Oh the family. How I had forgotten how much I do miss them. What humor, sarcasm, flits, and taunts we all have... we are a unique clan. But one that I must say, I would never trade.

My ELDER sister, Mickey, arrived "in her bubble" and I'm not sure she ever left. Although we tried to pop it a few times, it remained intact, because she remained happy the entire trip. (Even at the Modern Museum of Art... which is a feat in itself).
Dad, what a trooper, and never a complainer. How does he live with three girls? We shopped and shopped and then shopped some more and he patiently said, "Oh, uh huh, that's cute." And gave his two cents when needed.
Mom... even though she has experienced NY several times, she got to experience NY in a whole new light. Soho, subways, the Lower East, Stuy Town, the way I do things. But I'm pretty sure liked it... after that first train ride.

The weekend was full of events, and I mean full. I am going to catching up on sleep for several days, due to my "father's" snoring, along with all the activites we took part in. Amazing restaurants, the theater (Wicked and South Pacific), Central Park, Soho, West Village, Greenwich Village, the Upper East and West, Midtown, Times Square, MoMA, and shopping, shopping, shopping. Oh and for dad, we did ESPN Zone -- except that we all really enjoyed it. (Picture of Dad playing interactive Golf).

The restaurants were terrific, and although I do not remember the name of all of them, my favorites included brunch at Ouest, lunch at the Central Park Boathouse, and dinner at Blue Hill. (Yes Dad, dinner the last night was my favorite, but the name of the restaurant was.....Forlidia?? Get back to me on that one.)

And to top off the visit from my parents we visited one of my Dad's favorite bars in the city, Bemelman's Bar, in th Carlyle Hotel. And then before taking a cab to the airport we had lunch in the Village at Pearl Oyster Bar: rich lobster rolls, decadent oysters, and awesome fries!

(Picture of family from Bemelman's Bar). It was a great treat to see my family and show them everything I love to do in the city. But I tell ya, I love having visitors, but it is exhausting. -- But don't worry I am catching up on sleep and will post again soon. But of course I can't leave out the picture of Mick and I with Haynes!

2 comments:

  1. Gald you had such a great time with the family. Blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful in these pictures! i miss your pretty face!

    ReplyDelete