Tuesday, February 22, 2011

cerulean to the extreme

Just because I want to wear cerulean during the spring doesn't mean I want to look cerulean right now! I have a thermal finder feature on my computer's camera, and well, as you all know, blue is cold, red is hot. I'm sitting under my lamp. Besides that, I am frigid! And many of my readers have been to my parents house and know that cold is an understatement. It's an old house, so no matter what time of year it is, you're going to be cold. Oh, and the fact that my dad likes to freeze.
That being said, you would think I would be used to this. No. This is not the case. After a gorgeous couple of days last week with temperatures reaching 60, my building decided to turn the heat off. Great! No big deal. In fact, I even turned my AC on (I pay for AC 12 months out of the year, no matter if it is on or off, so baby, it was cranked to 72 all weekend). Now I am regretting that I basked in my cool apartment all weekend and now it's biting me in the ass.
I swear it is warmer outside than it is in my apartment. I'm sorry I complain about the stark difference between freezing and sweating in my apartment so frequently, but honestly there is very little happy medium.
I have been able to survive my apartment, no big deal, because I know it will get better and honestly, I'd rather be cold than hot, but now there is a bigger issue at hand. My mom and sister are coming into town this weekend and staying with me. I hope they pack a sweatshirt or two because I'll be stealing a couple of the blankets on my bed to use on my air mattress.

Here is my proposed solution:

1. Buy a couple extra blankets
Downside: t I don't have room to store extra blankets, but if it will keep my sister from complaining for the weekend, I'll MAKE ROOM.

2. Buy a portable heater
Downside: $$$ A. I don't have a place to keep the heater when it is not in use. B. I feel like it could be a waste of money. C. With my luck, if I go out and buy a portable heater, the temperature outside will immediately rise and my purchase will become unnecessary.

Next post will include no complaining. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment