Saturday, August 21, 2010

parents visit part one

Friday, August 13, the three of us went to see Jersey Boys... finally. My mother has talked about this show for multiple years, and every time she plans to come to New York, she mentions Jersey Boys. To my dad and I's surprise, the show was fabulous. As my dad said, "It's like watching a live Four Season's concert sitting down." Really, the show shattered my expectations. Glad you convinced us to go mom.

Saturday evening, after a day of work at market we headed down to Soho for dinner and drinks, via the craziest cab ride we have ever been on. I'm not even kidding when I say, thank goodness this ride was before dinner and not after. I'm pretty sure we were still spinning when we stepped onto the cobblestones of Mercer Street. Before our reservations at Balthazar we stopped by Bar 89 for what I believe are the best martini's in the city. Mickey, wish you were here, as you can see another great (partial) family picture in a bar. Is it that after one drink we are photogenic or are waiters secretly photographers on the side?

Gray and Yellow. Period. All over New York International Gift Market August 2010. Bedding, stationary, holiday decor, fashion, gifts... you name it, it was available (or already back-ordered) in a yellow and gray color scheme.


Second Yankee game of the season for Dad and I. Both times they lost. Clearly the two Oriole fans pictured above really didn't mind either loss, but still enjoyed the new Yankee stadium as well as a couple of "game day dogs" (FYI a "game day dog" is a hotdog or sausage of sorts enjoyed at a sporting event. The origin of this term dates back to my freshman year at Mizzou, where you will find the BEST game day dogs).

He still wears orange to a Yankee game, but due to the rain, my father reluctantly put on his first piece of Yankee paraphernalia, a $10 poncho. Dad scored awesome seats to the game, so regardless of a few small showers here and there, we stayed put and watched the masses run for cover. Props to Mom for sporting that poncho with style and sticking out the rain!
Since April 2009 Dad and I have been fortunate enough to visit the new Busch Stadium, Citi Field, Camden Yards, as well as the new Yankee Stadium. Where will we go next? Stay tuned.

Two baseball fans, rain or shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment