Friday, August 6, 2010

i peaked last week

Last night I dropped the ball. Literally. I had one of the worst games I've had all season and sadly, it was the last game. Guess I'll have to hit the batting cages and get ready for next year. But don't get me wrong, there have been many highlights this season. Last Thursday I was given the game ball, got MVP of the game and most improved player of the season. Having two RBIs, making a run, snagging two grounders to make the out, and hitting the ball each time I was at bat.... well, we can easily say I peaked last week. HA! Yesterday might not have been the best game day but it was still a lot of fun.

In mid-June I joined the P&G Cafe Ballbusters coed softball team. We played on Thursday evenings in Central Park and regardless if we won or lost, we all went out for beer and pizza at the P&G afterwards. Here are a few pictures of the team.
The team after our last game, which we won.

Lydia and I, the youngin's of the team

The female members of the team

Dick and Fran; our number one fans, first base coach, and original Busters

Tim, the team manager and email initiator

Anna and Shawn, friends that pulled me onto the team

Dick at his post on the first baseline post.

A typical view of our team after a game

No comments:

Post a Comment