Wednesday, April 28, 2010

see it and believe it

Our adventures in Baltimore...
Before our hands became covered in Old Bay, Dad and I took pictures of each other enjoying local beer and local crabs at Bo Brooks. We weren't able to touch anything else until our hands/arms got soaked in lemon water. And we could still smell the greatness of Old Bay on our hands the next morning. YUMM!

The view from our hotel room. I might have given Dad the tickets to game, but he snagged this awesome room all on his own. Needless to say, we took in the view of the stadium a lot.

The annual "Dad's Weekend" picture. Add it to the collection.

The crowd before the game on Eutaw Street.

The front and back view of me with my favorite player, Cal Ripken! I've been a fan of Cal since grade school. Now I have a shirt and my picture with his number! Woohoo!

The front and backside of Dad with his favorite Oriole, Brooks Robinson, a native of Little Rock, Arkansas.

Irony... gotta love it. The usher who took our tickets was named Bob. My Dad's brother, Bob, gave him the Brooks Robinson uniform.

Boog Powell, #26. Thirty minutes later, we meet him.

Dad chatting with Boog, after Boog signed that baseball for him.

The zoom and crop version.

Derek Jeter up to bat. At this point, he was 0-4. He couldn't stop the Orioles this time!

O-bird sat down to give Dad a back rub. To put it mildly, Dad was a bit startled. It all had something to do with that shirt he wore. He stood out, whether he wanted to or not.

Then I had to get a picture. Capping on a fantastic night, a fantastic vacation, and AN INCREDIBLE WIN by the Orioles. Document it: Orioles beat the Yankee's 5-4 and the Orioles are now 4-16. Once an Orioles fan, always an Orioles fan. Go Birds!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of you standing beside the "8"! Of course it doesn't hurt to have a brand spanking new camera :) Glad I could help your dad take off for a couple of days to enjoy his "Dad's Weekend"!

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete