Wednesday, April 14, 2010

what are you doing at 4:00 am

4:13 a.m.

Sleeping? Really. Ah, your sleepin' your life away! Just kidding.
Let me preface this post by saying I slept Monday from 6:30p.m. until Tuesday 12:30p.m. with a 'break' in the middle from 2-4am. No, I am not crazy. I got off work Monday morning at 7 and was scheduled to go back to work at 10p.m., but that shift got canceled, so this week my schedule is more off than usual.Preface finished. Now for the disclaimer:
I am healthy! While I'm having dinner, you all are probably having breakfast, but I promise, I am eating three meals a day, going to the gym, and getting enough sleep. I might look like this at 4:00 a.m. (picture actually taken minutes ago); but come on.... no one looks their greatest at this time.

4:20 a.m.

Now that you all have caught up with me, let me fill you in on my day, if you can call it "a day."

I do not like to consider myself a procrastinator because really, I'm not, I am very productive. For those who work at home on a regular day to day basis, I pose the question: "Is your home immaculately clean?" (oh yeah, anyone reading this and works at home probably has a home office... so do I. It's called my apartment).

This week is kind of exciting. I get to do what I WANT to do from Monday 7:00 a.m. until Thursday at 10:00 p.m.. Basically 3 whole days to work on my Web site. Time to mark the ten hundred things off my to-do list. I am the type of person who has to have everything in order before I can begin working. In this sense, I am a procrastinator because I won't start "working" until:
  • my bed is made, sheets changed if needed
  • the sink is empty
  • the bathroom is sparkling
  • the shelves are dusted
  • all my clothes are put away
  • the trash has been taken out
  • the floor is swept and vacuumed
  • I've caught up on bills
  • etc.
  • etc.
  • etc.
As you can see, this is why "my office" usually becomes a coffee shop or bookstore. But not today. I did all of the above and had lunch around 7:30 and then zoned in. I planned to have two breaks. One, video chat with my friends in Columbia, Kaci and Elise, which was definitely worth the hour break. The second was to make dinner. A southern staple: biscuits and gravy (no sausage).

Ever since I have been working on my Web site, being very productive, and actually much closer to launching 'd by M: designs by Maggie Searcy.'


Two of my best friends. Elise and Kaci. They're great, aren't they! They will love that I put this on my blog ;-)


1 comment:

  1. There's lots more of that if you come visit us, lovely! It was so wonderful to get to have you "in" our apartment last night!

    ReplyDelete