Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's official

I am a member of the largest Mizzou alumnae association: the New York City Chapter. I don't want to brag or anything, but I made the Web site.
Jealous? I know, some people just can't make it big! JUST KIDDING! But I did make it onto the alumni chapter's photo gallery, along with Morgan and her mom. Morgan's parents drove up from Pennsylvania Saturday morning to go with us to the "Mizzou Bar" (i.e. McFadden's on 42nd & 2nd). Each game day the chapter decorates the bar with banners, pompoms, drink specials, all with the fight song playing in the background. It's not like being at Farout Field,
but I guess since I have to be in New York... McFadden's is the place to be. (And yes I do understand the bar has the same name as DMac, coincidence? Must be fate!)

While viewing this photo, please acknowledge that I am wearing a red cardigam (underlying meaning.... GO HOGS!) and I also have a magnetic, LED light up Razorback on my shirt. You can take the girl out of Arkansas but you can't take Arkansas out of the girl!

LinkI have not done a lot within the past week but I did snag a part-time job at GAP, only four blocks from my apartment. I did not even go in to apply, I went to check out a few light sweaters and shirts that I had seen online and the girl checking me out was my manager from Banana Republic in Soho last summer. OMG, she was my favorite! I'm glad that it was easy to get a part-time job, but I'm more excited that I get my GAP Inc. discount back! OH how I have missed having that extra 50% off!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Maggie. Life sounds nice not "doing anything." I could go for nice museums/apartment decorating. My main activity here is grading. Good luck on the job hunt (what kind of 401k does the gap have? - kidding)

    ReplyDelete