Tuesday, September 15, 2009

full speed ahead

Did I post earlier saying September was going to be a good month? If I didn't post it, I told everyone I have spoken to, and I mean as of September 1 I knew it was going to be a good month. (Its only half way done but so far, so good, and each day is getting better).

Drumroll.....
I know you all have been waiting for me to "do something" besides decorate my apartment, visit museums, and meet new people. Ha! Well, last week I found an internship application online, which I wasn't even applicable for, but I recognized the email: Susan, a U of A alum who graduated in journalism with Mickey. I emailed her to say hi, what's up, yada yada yada, I'm a fellow Arkansan and we know a mutual blonde.
So, we set up a meet n' greet and I pretty much fell in love, ha! No, but she is a great person and I am so glad I finally met her. After I left her office, I took the train back up to the UWS and immediately when I got off the train, I had an email from the photo editor at Niche Media (where I had just been); I emailed her back and said I could come back down for an interview, and that it would be about half an hour. One thing led to another and I'm now interning at Niche Media, and I can't tell you how much I am enjoying it. I've been brushing up on my photography skills and shooting products for different mags and talking to people all over the country to get their business, product, or event illustrated in one of Niche Media's 13 magazines.
The people have been fantastic and the work has been enjoyable and I look forward to going each day.

Not only do I "have something to do each day," but I'm learning new things, working in a fabulous atmosphere, meeting new people, and enjoying myself. Right now things are going really great. That might be why I haven't posted in several days.....

I also haven't posted because Friday I came down with something, started resembling the flu, but I was back to 100% on Monday so it must have been either a virus or a "short-term flu." Regardless, I feel much better, I'm back to my 'A' game!

Hope all is well at home. Go HOGS! Beat Georgia on Saturday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment