Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 1

Finally here. After talking about this move for a year now, the day finally came. The plane was on time - I was on time - and besides the early wake-up call at 4:00 a.m. everything went smoothly.

I got off the plane, grabbed my luggage, and grabbed a cab to Karen's house. I walked in and she had a huge spread made up, including spinach, basil, tomato and mozzarella salad, along with fresh baked bread, brie, olives, and hummus. After only having a granola bar since I left Arkansas, this was a pure delight.

I am staying with a friend in Williamsburg, Brooklyn while I search for my apartment, but before she got off work, I had some time to kill. Karen and I decided to go for a walk and oh, at the corner of
President and 6th, (less than one minute from Karen's), Martin Scorsese's new series for HBO, Broadway Empire, was being filmed. We sat on a stoop and watched everything happen for a couple of hours, then went up to Prospect Park before I headed over to Williamsburg.

Here are a few pics from the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment