Sunday, July 26, 2009

week one summary

One week and I've been in two apartments, sleeping in a bed one night, a twin air mattress 5 nights, which I believe is mostly used as the dog's bed, and one night sleeping on the floor, due to over crowdedness. But tomorrow it is all over. I get to finally move into my own apartment. (Can I call it an apartment if it is one room, with a 2 doors - one to enter, and one to a bathroom?)
Regardless, I love it and I can't wait to make it my home!
Oh, I'm living in an adorable building on West 72nd between Columbus and Central Park West. I walked over to my apartment Friday from the Metropolitan Museum of Art, oh, it was only a perfect ten minute walk through Central Park. And I found a great mexican restaurant right around the area that I'm moving to, Cilantro. Some friends and I went to see the new exhibit's at the Met and then went to grab a bite to eat. Here are some pictures from the roof top sculpture installation.
Yesterday I stayed in, trying to get some things organized and having my mailing addresses forwarded and send my resume to a few people, which did happen, but of course I had to take a break and make a detour to IKEA. fyi: don't go on a Saturday in the middle of the day, while people are all trying to pack for college. It was a little insane, but thanks to the Beatles kept me entertained.

Currently there is a rain storm that looks more like a hurricane and trees are going to come straight out of the ground. It's 8 o'clock and I am just going to watch some movies, sleep and wake up to a hopefully, rain free morning.


My last night in Brooklyn (living. not visiting),
Maggie

1 comment: