Wednesday, September 21, 2011

new reading obsession


As I mentioned in August, the new book on my reading list included The Hunger Games. After the busiest month of the year, I was only able to reread The Help on a flight and Faulkner's Light in August during the evenings. 

Everything I had read or heard about The Hunger Games included words like, addicting, exciting, entertaining. More than anything, I was told that I would not want to put the book down. Since August got away from me and last Wednesday I was summoned to jury duty, I decided it was the right time to download the book and get started. Last Wednesday, September 14, I started and finished the first of the trilogy. The following day I was assigned to a trial so I didn't have as much time to read but I started the second book, Catching Fire

So basically with over a thousand pages to read between three novels, I can clearly use this as an excuse to explain my lack of blogging, well that, and I've been on jury duty. But I served on a trial, came to a verdict, and finished yesterday. That is all I can say about that. 

This past weekend I was dog sitting, enjoying the 35th Annual Columbus Avenue Festival. I didn't find as much fabulous handmade jewelry as I would have liked, but I did stock up on veggies at the farmer's market. In the mean time I started the third book, Mockingjay. Beginning was a little slow, but each book did have a couple slow parts, but the anticipation to get past the slow part was enough to pull me through. 

Instead of an old, new, and re-read for the month, I'm finishing The Hunger Games Trilogy and working my way through a new CSS web design book that came out. I know, not so interesting to most, but just because I'm not in school anymore doesn't mean I don't need to keep my skill level high. So between books for knowledge and books for pleasure, I've actually been flying through this month's book list. 

PS -- I have totally surpassed my New Year's resolution to read more than seven books. Maybe next year I'll triple that goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment