Thursday, September 8, 2011

scratch it off the bucket list

Last Friday, I had the amazing opportunity to go to the US Open. Being an avid tennis player and fan since I was about five-years-old, I've always wanted to see a real match (not an exhibition match). I have always been obsessed with Sampras, Agassi, even before my time -- Connors and Borg. When I started playing competitively in my early tween years, I became very fond of Andy Roddick.

Guess who I saw win at the US Open last week? Andy Roddick. I also had the pleasure of seeing Christina McHale (USA) play Maria Kirilenko (RUS) play. Unfortunately McHale, who I was rooting for did not win, it was still a great match! It's always been a dream of mine to go to the US Open, especially since, ya know, I LIVE IN NYC, and thanks a good friend, Lynn, I made it this year! Thanks for taking me Lynn. It was an awesome experience. Unforgettable!

Anna and I completely stoked to be at the Open! 
She really was excited, despite the smirk on her face

Roddick after his victory

McHale trying to come back and win, but unfortunately, our cheers weren't enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment