Tuesday, March 1, 2011

the three musketeers

I never thought I could shop myself sick, but I nearly did this past weekend. A z-pac came in handy when I was feeling under the weather, but no sinus infection could keep me down when it comes to company. Mickey and mom finally arrived Friday afternoon. I was already at our first appointment for bridesmaids dresses while a friend who lives across the street walked over to give Mick and mom keys so they could drop their stuff of at my apartment. They jumped in a cab quickly after and met up with me. First goal of the weekend accomplished-- find bridesmaid dresses. What to do next? Celebrate the three musketeers reunion of course! The temperature literally went from 54 to 35 during our short walk from the dress shop to the W hotel. Grabbing drinks and catching up, we all finally slowed down, relaxed and began making plans for the weekend. The night ended at Bar Americain. Champagne cocktails, tuna tartar, steak and an apple tart hit the spot.

Usually, when my mom comes to visit, it is all about me. And I don't mean this in a vain way, but 90% of the time I haven't seen my family in a while so we shop and eat out and fix odds & ins in my apartment. This trip was ALL for the bride! I had found several things for her in past few weeks so I wanted to take her all around to try on clothes and get a few things for parties, the wedding weekend and the honeymoon. Saturday we checked off goal number two of the weekend-- shoes for the wedding dress (along with many, many other shopping necessities).
My goal of the weekend was also accomplished-- find a dress for Mickey's first wedding shower! (PS I'l be home next weekend).

To make a LONG story a little shorter, we covered a lot of ground while mom and Mickey were in town. I started a new job on Monday so I couldn't hang out with them before they left, but I was able to meet them near my office for lunch. They made it home safe late Monday night. This was actually our first mini vacation with just the three of us. There wasn't a five star hotel attached but the hospitality at "hotel Searcy" was undeniably the best in New York! Wish you were here!

After dinner Friday night we found our initials! Well, till August 27th at least!

Mom, Mick and I outside Rosa Mexicano after having delicious pomegranate margaritas and fresh guacamole. Mickey would have stayed there and had more guac for dinner if we didn't already have reservations.


No comments:

Post a Comment