Monday, October 3, 2011

small gesture, big impact


When I moved to New York 28 months ago, my mother threw an impromptu "going away" shindig. It was very nice and I received several precious gifts from close family and friends. One of which, I keep on my bathroom counter and look at multiple times a day. Not only is it a beautiful hand blown glass heart by James Hayes, but with it came the perfect message. 

"Follow your heart but never forget where home is --"

This token of love reminds me daily that while I am following my dreams, home is always within reach. As I embark on another trip home for two out of town weddings, I found this picture on my computer and remembered I have been wanting to post this picture for some time now, but I think today is perfect.

I can't help but smile each time I see this treasure. Thanks Ms. Cindy!

1 comment:

  1. Love this. "Ms. Cindy" always know how to say just the right thing. :)

    ReplyDelete