Monday, August 15, 2011

to have and to hold

The wedding is less than two weeks away. Thank goodness it isn't mine, as I would be the next "runaway bride." But my sister, she is so ready, so excited and always put together. After the engagement, December 23, 2010, I was beside myself. Ecstatic for my sister and the reality of finally having a "brother." After being home for the holidays, I made my way back tot he city on December 31. Shortly after, I began writing my Maid of Honor speech. Yet almost every week I have opened the word doc and deleted something, rewrote something, changed a number of things, etc. Now, as you can tell, time is quickly becoming nonexistent.

I'll only be a Maid of Honor once, and in my heart I know like mother like daughter, my sister will have only one wedding. She will be married till the end of time. So clearly there is pressure on this "speech." I'm known for being sarcastic and funny and poke fun at the most inappropriate times, but not here, not with this event. I get one chance and I don't want to screw it up. Can we talk about PRESSURE?

Goodness gracious, I hope I don't get tongue tied, lose my words, or make a fool of myself. The good news is, I'm steering clear of inside jokes, embarrassing memories and well, I'm totally taking my sensitive side through the ringer. More so than not, seems that there are no words to describe the love I have for my sister and that I could not be happier that she has found her soul mate. What says more than love?

Our family might be changing, as we add a little more testosterone to the mix, but the memories of our childhood, of our sisterhood and of the "four of us" will never disappear. There are only greater things to come and more memories to make, and if we have to add a new member to the family, I'm glad is Cory. He is an upstanding man and in two weeks, I will be very proud to call him my brother-in-law.

To the future Mr. and Mrs. Willett. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment