Tuesday, May 10, 2011

unseen in most nyc apartments

Built-ins. Oh how I miss built-in bookshelves. I currently have 3 sets of bookshelves, and well, they're filled to the brim. And I know what you're thinking, "throw away some of those gosh darn magazines!" Well, you'll be happy to know that only 2 shelves consist of magazines. Most of them are in boxes, in large 3-feet-plus stacks on the ground, and other random locations in my apartment. But one day, I want an entire wall to consist solely of magazine holders that coordinate and fill floor-to-ceiling built-ins. Ah, the thought just makes me grin from ear to ear!

I included a couple pictures from Lonny magazine. Also pictured is a great organizing tip. Do your bookshelves look like a hot mess? If you pull them all out and organize them by spine color and put them in a warm to cool order, your books will not only become a focal point but they will be much more aesthetically pleasing.

Those are my thoughts and wishes of today. Cheers!

Love how these books become the art piece of the room. Color and knowledge, how could you go wrong?

Such a great use of space here. I'm green with envy!

No comments:

Post a Comment