Wednesday, April 27, 2011

moving fever

I'm itching to move. I have looked at apartments online every day for the past week. My lease doesn't go up for a couple more months, but I'm so anxious to paint and have a little more space!

I am coming to the realization, by looking at my bank account, that to stay in my neighborhood, I'll probably have to move into another studio instead of a one bedroom. A heads up to anyone who wants to know about Manhattan realty. Just because an ad says an apartment is a one bedroom, 90% of the time, their lying. More times than not, the apartment is really a larger studio or an alcove studio, or my favorite, a loft above the kitchen.

My main desire to move is not only to have more space but to be able to entertain a little and have a more "home" feel as opposed to a glorified dorm room. I really, really want to paint! And get a headboard and a rug. A real, "sink your feet in, love to walk barefoot" rug. If you know me, you know I rearrange and redo and redecorate on a regular basis and well, my current apartment is full of furniture and my walls are covered in paintings, prints, and frames. It's time to get on with it and MOVE!

Totally digging on this yellow couch from CB2. It's not to big or bulky and would look great with dark wood furniture.

If I stay in a studio, I want to create some sort of room divider so it will feel like smaller separate living areas, instead of the current "bed in the kitchen" kind of situation.

I am envious of the counter in this studio. This isn't the kind of place I'd find in my neighborhood, price range, but I have the same bed, and like the warmness of the apartment.

Isn't this sideboard/cabinet from CB2 fabulous! If only I had room for miscellaneous furniture like this! I'm debating whether it would totally clash and look awful with my retro-style orange print club chair, or make it pop. I'm leaning towards clashing, as it might be too much for my space, but if I had more space....


Please don't read this as a complaint, read it as eagerness.

Photos borrowed from CB2 and HGTV.com

No comments:

Post a Comment