Thirteen Favorite Habits That Help me Live a Happy Life
by Paul J. Meyer
April 14, 2009
- The habit of beginning each day with prayer and Bible study.
- Laugh, laugh and then laugh some more! Someone asked Jane what she liked about Paul best, and she said "He makes me laugh."
- Live every day and every hour, with passion and enthusiasm. We are only going this way once. Why not take a big bite out of it.
- Positive Thinking! It has a million-plus benefits. It gives power to turn the worst situation into victory!
- The habit of giving joyously and generously.
- The habit of spontaneity - thinking of it - doing it - carpe diem - seize the moment!
- The habit of entering every day, every hour, without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat.
- The habit of forgiving - always - everyone - quickly. Do not waste time in un-forgiveness.
- The habit or optimism - seeing the best in people and the best in circumstances, situations, and the best for the future.
- The habit of having an attitude of gratitude. giving thanks daily, keeping your eyes and mind focused on God as the provider.
- Being an encourager. Helping people feel better, stronger - tell them they can accomplish their goals and dreams. Be supportive.
- Live life as an inverted paranoid. I think the whole world and everyone i meet is scheming and conspiring to do only good things for me.
- Have the hobby habit. My hobbies are reading, biking, walking, flying, swimming, collecting, and much more.
I don't want to die until not one thing God has planned for me would be left undone.